This is how it works: Cee posts 4 questions every week, we answer and share by linking to her blog That’s it!.
Do you believe in ghosts? I believe in spiritual presences, that sometimes may be sensed.
What is your best recipe? Spaghetti alla Carbonara.
This recipe combines cream, eggs, cheese and bacon on spaghetti.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- ½ lb bacon, cut into ½-inch dice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fill a large soup pot with cold water and add a handful or so of salt. Stir and taste; it should taste like seawater. Cover the pot and heat the water until it boils.
- Add the diced bacon to a cold sauté pan and cook slowly over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp. Remove/drain grease from pan. Discard grease
- Drop the spaghetti into the boiling salted water and cook according to package instructions, about 6 to 9 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite.
- While the pasta cooks, pour cream in bacon saute pan, add some parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; heat until a line of tiny bubbles forms around the edge. Turn off cream. Separate the yolks from whites, only use the yolks for this recipe.
- Drain pasta, toss in saute pan, add egg yolks, and mix. Serve right away, with additional grated cheese if desired. [Should not sit or it will stick together].
What is your most favorite smell/scent? I like lavender and any citrus scents. But I also enjoy sniffing other untraditional smells, like freshly sharpened pencils, or books [as blogged here]